15 August 2006

Gotta Get Wet!

A little over a week ago I had a nasty spill on my mountain bike, whacked my head pretty good (thankfully, had a good helmet on!). Makes me think that I should have been diving instead! Speaking of diving, my buddy and I are going to do a beach dive in Laguna Beach (CA) this weekend. Its been a while since I did a local shore dive. I really like the convenience and the excercise that comes with beach diving. I can get a great dive in before lunch and then spend the rest of the day doing something else fun (like cleaning all the sand out of my gear!). Hope the dive conditions stay as good as they are right now!!! C'mon Saturday!!! Tell me about your beach dives. Do you like beach diving? Where is your favorite beach dive? Budd

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well unfortunatly ive yet to uncover the thrills of diving in the US. I was lucky enough to spend a year diving around asia and australia.

On the subject of wreck dives from the padi email check out my blog post on the HMAS Swan. http://www.alexasigno.co.uk

rat said...

the coolest dive i've done in ages was a shore dive only a few weeks ago. well it was kind of a shore dive. it was off the Kapalai resort, a water village on a sand bar a little way from Sipadan island in Malaysia.
we spent over an hour chasing mandarin fish and photographing them while the divemaster giggled at our efforts.

Nathan said...

I love the diving in the Sipidan area. I've gotten some of my best fish pictures from there. The Mandarins are my favorites.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy mountain bike riding and have taken a few rough spills myself. I can agree that the helmet is the most important piece of equipment. Scuba Diving on the other hand, has never been a problem - no injuries. The most discomfort I ever had was making the mistake of peeing in my wetsuit when I was sunburnt. None-the-less, I recommend beach diving at Laguna. It's easy to get there (the stairs are pretty good excercise if you go to Divers Cove)and you can usually meet a few new diving buddies there. It's a well known dive site.

Nathan said...

>>The most discomfort I ever had was making the mistake of peeing in my wetsuit when I was sunburnt.<<

Ouch!!!
Budd

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say, I like the new website. In specifics, the PADI Dive Center search. I used to travel 30 kilometres to a non-padi dive center to get my tank fills and services as I thought it was the closest center.

Using the new search I found that just across the country border (I live in Austria), there was a PADI Dive Center that I never knew about. Now I get my tank fills and servicing done there. I also get now great customer service and am very happy. I have enven signed up for a rescue diving course.

Thanks PADI. You've done a great job.

Nathan said...

Has,
Thanks for the comments. We will keep working to make the website a place where you can find all things diving.
Budd

Anonymous said...

Mike Graham
I grew up part time @ El Morro park
Laguna still in my hart
cliffs abs lobster fish kelp beds
I really hope to make it back
Hope I will find some Great Diving still
Laguna rock on
gtmike4@neo.rr.com

Anonymous said...

Hello to you all,

I have been diving for many years however I have just completed my Open Water course, I am also completing my Dive Masters in the next couple of months. I have now got 40 dives logged including Wreck,drift and various others. I am very confident in the water.

I live on the Sunshine coast, just recently moved from the gold coast. I have a boat and am looking to do some diving around the coast.

I have all my own gear, exept tanks which I am looking to purchase.

I am wondering if any of you would be interested in doing some diving with me?