During my recent Tahiti trip I had the pleasure of taking Christopher Robinson, Managing Editor for Outdoor Photographer, Digital Photo Pro and PC Photo on some of his first dives as a recently certified PADI Open Water Diver. Now Christopher knows photography, so I really valued his opinion of PADI's new Digital Underwater Photo course, so I taught him the course. He got some great photos and had this to say about the experience...."Underwater photography is a completely different world compared to shooting on terra firma. As one who knows my way around a camera pretty well, I found the PADI Digital Underwater Photography certification to be enormously useful for bringing me up to speed with special tips and techniques involved in getting good photos while beneath the surface. The course is designed for snorkelers and scuba divers alike. You don't have to use scuba to get great underwater photographs. Once I had the camera properly set up, I found myself shooting almost non-stop whether I was diving deep or just snorkeling near the surface."Check out PADI's Digital Underwater Photo program for yourself!

6 comments:
great pics! do you have a myspace page?
Check out the posting on 17 October for a link to the PADI Diver My Space Group!!!!
Budd
Great pictures, I am new to the diving community. Looking for suggestions on equipment. Many thanks in advance.
Enjoyed the posting - I'm interested in taking photos of dive and have been thinking about the PADI course - what would be the recommended camera equipment needed inregards to quality and price?
Thanks!
Vince,
Depending on how much you want to spend and how deeply (pardon the pun) you want to get into it. I would suggest you look at Olympus as they have several great cameras and high quality housinngs for them. Be sure to pick up a copy of the PADI Digital Underwater Phot book at you PADI Dive Center. It will give you a pretty good head start on getting great underwater shot.
Hi, I have just started my adventure with digital underwater phitigraphy, check my websit for results. www.deepbluephotos.eu
Post a Comment